Probiotraxx contains probiotics and prebiotics. It is a supplement that contributes to the intestinal health and increases the resistance to pathogens.
Probiotraxx is recommended to be used when the intestinal health is under pressure i.e during the moult.
Two important ingredients of Probiotraxx are:
- Calsporin: this is a positive bacterium (Bacillus subtillis C-3102). This has a beneficial effect on the intestinal environment
- Macrogard®: this is a natural carbohydrates which are extracted from the brewer’s yeast. These fibers optimize the function of the immune system, when there is contact with pathogens such as viruses and bacteria
Instructions for use:
- 1 scoop per 250 grams of feed
- Calsporin – a gram positive bacterium (Bacillus subtillis C-3102) this has a beneficial effect on the intestinal environment it will stabilize the intestinal environment. It will stabilize the intestinal flora and reduce the amount of pathogens here due to changes in acidity and competition
- Macrogard®- a natural carbohydrate which is extracted from brewer’s yeast. The fibres optiminise the function of the immune system, when there is a contact with pathogens i.e. bacteria or viruses
- Fructo-oligosaccharide, agrimos, brewer’s yeast, dextrose, maltodextrin, Ulmus Fulva powder, glucosamine sulfate, sodium chloride, folic acid, Vit B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Biotin
About Topet Nutrition
Introducing Tony Oranje
The company Topet is based in The Netherlands, and is owned by renowned avian vet Tony Oranje, who joined the Harkers team at the Blackpool Show to introduce his new products.
Dr Oranje was born in Lucknow (India) and grew up in the tropics, surrounded by all kinds of wildlife.
In 1989 he graduated from the university of Utrecht in the Netherlands as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
Between 1989 and 1993 Dr Oranje worked in several different practices in the UK.
After deciding to relocate back to the Netherlands he became the owner of DAP Zelhem-Halle BV (veterinary practice).
Dr Oranje decided to start developing veterinary medicines specially aimed at these special group of patients as there was a lack of approved and well researched veterinary medicine to treat this specific group of animals.
This lead to Dr Oranje founding a company called Avimedical for veterinary medicines and Topet for supplements.
Avimedical was the first company to obtain a European centralised veterinary medicine specifically for birds.
The care for birds consists of providing basic veterinary care with appropriate medicines. However, prevention is always preferable therefore, Topet has developed a line of supplements to optimise the health of birds.
Dr Oranje still works as an avian vet whilst developing and registering medicines. He treats individual birds but also has consultations onsite and off. Tony treats about 5000 avian patients each year.